To make the admitting process easier, we encourage you to have pre-admission testing completed in advance, if possible. Please ask your doctor.
If you are being admitted for elective surgery, a pre-admissions counselor will contact you. You will be given an appointment with our early admission surgical evaluation (EASE) nurse a few days prior to your surgery so we can complete necessary pre-operative tests, obtain medical, demographic and insurance billing information from you and answer any questions you may have about your hospitalization.
What to Bring
Please bring your own personal toilet articles (toothbrush, shampoo, etc.) with you when you are admitted. The hospital can provide these but there is a small charge.
Please label items you bring with an indelible marker. Also, please note that the hospital cannot be responsible for lost or stolen valuables kept in your room.
For your comfort and a sense of familiarity, we encourage you to bring a few personal items from home if you would like. For example:
- Throw blanket
- Robe and slippers
- Magazines and books
- Radio, CD or cassette player (battery operated only)
Additional items to bring:
- A copy of your Advance Directive
- A list of any medications you are taking and how often you take them
- A list of any allergies you have
- Insurance cards
- Up to $10 cash for gift shop or newspaper purchases
- Telephone calling card for long-distance calls
Please do not bring any of the following:
- Electrical appliances
- Credit cards and cash over $10
- Valuables and jewelry