St. Joseph Health Regional Transfer Center
Do you need to refer a patient for specialty or tertiary services? Call
on St. Joseph Health Regional Transfer Center.
Your one-stop Regional transfer Center makes referrals for a wide array
of diagnoses easier than ever before. One call puts you in touch with
all you need to find a specialist and arrange for transport quickly and easily.
Your patients get the well-coordinated, expert care you expect and the
support they’ll need to heal while staying close to their homes
Serving Northern California with same-day transfers 24-hours a day/seven
days a week. 855-4STJOES (855-478-5637)
We make transfers easy.
Our Regional transfer Center is ready to serve you and your patients 24-hours
a day, seven days a week.
You’ll receive a physician-to-physician consultation and a transfer
decision rapidly. Thanks to the specialized capabilities of our sister
hospitals in our St. Joseph Health system, we can place most patients
within our network. But, if we can’t we’ll make whatever arrangements
that are necessary – even if it means finding a bed at a competing hospital.
Call us toll-free at 855-4STJOES (855-478-5637)
When you call, we’ll need the following information:
- Your name
- Name of referring physician (if different) and/or hospital
- Your phone number
- Your patient’s name and date of birth
- Your patient’s working diagnosis
- Required specialty
- Requested unit (medical, surgical, ICU, telemetry)
- Requested facility
- Any isolation requirements
- Any supporting clinical information (vital signs, radiology, lab results,
EKG results, etc.)
After your patient is accepted, we will:
- Arrange for your patient’s transportation – via ground/air
ambulance or specialty transport, including transport for neonatal cases.
- Coordinate your patient’s bed placement.
- Transmit your patient’s medical records and paperwork from your hospital to ours.
- Provide access to Clinical Hub (St. Joseph Health Medical Record) for referring