Compassionate, Personalized Hospice Care
Memorial Hospice and Hospice of Petaluma have collectively been serving Sonoma and northern Marin counties since 1977. With a new location in Healdsburg, North County Hospice, we now provide services to northern Sonoma County and neighboring areas. We deliver quality, compassionate care to patients and families, as well as grief support and end of life care education to the community. The combined hospice programs serve over 1200 patients a year with a daily census of 150 to 160 patients a day.
The hospice staff utilizes an interdisciplinary team model that includes nursing, medicine, social work, spiritual care and home health aide care. Patients are cared for in their place of residence whether it is in their private home, a skilled nursing facility, hospital or assisted living center. Grief services include care for adults, children and teens in both English and Spanish, and are meeting the needs of individuals through one-on-one counseling, groups, volunteers support and grief education classes. Grief services are also provided in the local schools, skilled nursing facilities, and businesses.
For more details about our services and additional resources, click here.
Care is provided for you, your family and friends when…
- Someone is diagnosed with a terminal illness
- The patient resides in their private residence, a nursing home, assisted living and/or residential care facility in Sonoma County or northern/western Marin County
- The patient or a designated responsible person consents to Hospice services
- The patient’s physician consents to Hospice services
Memorial Hospice, Hospice of Petaluma and North County Hospice provide…
- Comfort care when cure is no longer possible
- Assistance with the practical responsibilities of day to day living
- Support for coping with feelings that arise
- Grief support following the loss of a loved one
- Complete support for you, the patient
- Medical and nursing services
- Expert pain and symptom management
- Home visits by an interdisciplinary team: nurse, medical director, home health aide, social worker, volunteers, chaplain
- 24 hour on-call support
- Prescription drugs, over the counter medications, necessary medical equipment and supplies
There is no charge to the patient for services. Insurance is billed as appropriate. Non-reimbursed costs are supported by donations.
Don’t Hesitate to Call
Deciding to contact a hospice service is never easy. But Judy Ryder, director of Memorial Hospice and Hospice of Petaluma, hears over and over again from families who say, "I wish I had called sooner" to access hospice care and support. "Just call us to ask questions and see how we can be of support," she says. "A call doesn’t mean you have to commit." For more information on our services, call:
Memorial Hospice in Santa Rosa at (707) 568-1094
Hospice of Petaluma at (707) 778-6242
North County Hospice in Healdsburg at (707) 431-1135