Acute Rehab Unit
Acute Rehabilitation Unit
Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital
Address: 1165 Montgomery Drive, Santa Rosa, CA 95405
Phone: (707) 543-2420
Fax: (707) 522-1264
Successful recovery from a severe injury or illness requires a comprehensive program of care provided by compassionate, highly trained rehabilitation specialists. Our team of rehabilitation experts brings their expertise and skills together to help patients improve cognitive and physical functions. Treatment focuses on both the patient’s physical and psychological needs and includes education about the injury or illness. This comprehensive approach maximizes a patient’s potential of returning to an independent and productive life.
Partial List of Services Offered
The Acute Rehabilitation Unit at Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital provides a coordinated, interdisciplinary model of care that includes:
- Visits by a board-certified physiatrist (a physician specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation) at least five days a week
- 24/7 physician availability
- Therapy by physical and occupational therapists and speech pathologists and care and education by nurses with specialized training in rehabilitation and dietitians, respiratory therapists, psychologists and case managers/social workers with expertise in new rehabilitation techniques
- A minimum of 3 hours a day of therapy, 5 days a week
- Guillian-Barre Syndrome
- Traumatic brain injury
- Specific arthritic conditions
- Hip or knee replacements with complications
- Specific oncology and cardiac conditions
- Major multiple traumas
- Other medical conditions requiring intensive rehabilitation
- Other neurological deficits
If you have questions about diagnoses not listed here, please contact us (707) 525-5209.
Patient Participation in Care
Patients and their families are partners in the rehabilitation process. Patient responsibilities include: providing input into their programs, following physician and treatment orders, and taking full advantage of the services available. Patients and families can optimize results by full participation in the rehabilitation program. Caregivers receive training in techniques that will help with the transition home.
Offering Excellent Outcomes
The Acute Rehabilitation Unit at Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital produces excellent outcomes for patients, meeting or exceeding national standards in areas such as daily living skills, mobility and self-care. Families and patients receive supportive services to facilitate a smooth transition to the home environment. Services such as home health care, outpatient therapy, and referrals for ongoing home support help patients continue their rehabilitation beyond the hospital setting.