Our Outpatient Physical Rehabilitation Facilities
St. Joseph Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Clinic
525 Doyle Park Drive, Suite 264
Santa Rosa, CA 95405
- Sports Medicine
- Occupational Rehab
Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital -- Montgomery Campus
1170 Montgomery Drive
Santa Rosa, CA 95405
- Sports Medicine
- Aquatic Therapy
- Hand Therapy
We respect each person’s inherent value as a member of the human community and we respond to each person’s needs with attention to the whole person – body, mind and spirit. When pain, injury or impairment impact your quality of life, our comprehensive rehabilitative intervention is restorative.
Getting you back “on track” is our first priority:
- Personalized care
- Experience and knowledge
- Advanced treatment techniques
Our sports medicine team includes:
- Physical Therapists (PT)
- Athletic Trainers (ATC)
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialists (CSCS)
- Family Members
We support special after-care for patients:
- Recovering from surgery (total joint replacement, arthroscopy, hand surgery and spinal procedures
- Sports Injuries (shoulder, elbow, knee, hip, foot and ankle, spine)
- Workplace injuries (repetitive motion injuries, fractures, dislocations, strains, sprains, overuse injuries and poor body mechanics)
We offer personalized assessments and treatments:
- Aquatic Exercise
- Therapeutic Exercises
- Hot Packs/Cold Packs
- Electrical Stimulation
- Soft Tissue Massage
- Myofascial Release
- Joint Mobilization
- Patient/Family Education
We provide highly qualified rehabilitation staff, which includes:
Licensed physical therapists with advanced training and certification to treat sports injury patients. Credentials include:
- Strength and Conditioning Certification by the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
- Athletic Trainer Certification by the National Athletic Trainers' Association (NATA)
We provide state-of-the-art equipment:
- Indoor, heated pool for effective hydro impact-free exercise and conditioning for muscles and joints FreeMotion Selectorized Dual Cable Cross--integrated functional strength training system.
- BTE Simulator--assesses and monitors patient progress in strength and mobility.
- Pilates Reformer
- Plyometric Rebounder
- Golf Swing Coach
- Spinner Bike (FY 05)
- Recumbent Bike (FY 05)
- Elliptical Trainer
We deal with common injuries, syndromes:
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament Sprain/Tear
- Lateral Meniscal Tear
- Medial Meniscal Tear
- Lateral Collateral Ligament Sprain/Tear
Medial Collateral Ligament Sprain/Tear
- Knee Sprain
- Shoulder Dislocation
- Achilles Tendon Rupture
- Iliotibial Band/Tract Tendonitis
- Lateral Epicondylitis (Tennis Elbow)
- Medical Epicondylitis (Golfers Elbow)
- 5th Metacarpal Fx (Boxer's Fracture)
- Patellofemoral Subluxation
- Patellofemoral Dysfunction
- Acromioclavicular Subluxation
- Ankle Sprain
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Patellar Tendonitis
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament Tear Repair
- Lateral Meniscal Tear – Menisectomy
- Medial Meniscal Tear –Menisectomy
- Lateral Meniscal Tear - Meniscal Repair
- Medial Meniscal Tear -Meniscal Repair
- Shoulder Dislocation Relocation
- Achilles Tendon Rupture – Repair
- Bankart Repairs
- Rotator Cuff Repairs
Educational Tip - What to do if you sustain an injury
Get professional treatment if any injury is severe. A severe injury means having an obvious fracture or dislocation of a joint, prolonged swelling, or prolonged or severe pain.
Otherwise treat Injuries with RICE:
- Rest. Reduce or stop using the injured area for 48 hours. If you have a leg injury, you may need to stay off of it completely.
- Ice. Put an ice pack on the injured area for 20 minutes at a time, 4 to 8 times per day. Use a cold pack, ice bag, or a plastic bag filled with crushed ice that has been wrapped in a towel.
- Compression. Compression of an injured ankle, knee, or wrist may help reduce the swelling. These include bandages such as elastic wraps, special boots, air casts and splints. Ask your doctor which one is best.
- Elevation. Keep the injured area elevated above the level of the heart. Use a pillow to help elevate an injured limb.
Our Central Business Office is open from 8 am - 5 pm, Monday-Friday.
We accept most insurance plans (Medicare, MediCal, HMOs and PPOs).
To schedule an appointment please call (707) 542-4704.
To find a sports medicine specialist in your area please go to our Find a Physician page, or call our toll free Physician Referral Line at (866) 436-5006.
For information about any of our outpatient orthopedic and sports medicine services or facilities, please contact: Chris Ryan at (707) 542-4704 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.