Walking offers many physical, mental and social benefits. Walking is one
activity that most everyone can do—regardless of age or physical
- is fun
- is a great way to share time with friends and family
- can be done anywhere with little investment
- lowers your risk of heart disease, cancer, and diabetes
- helps maintain healthy bones, muscles, and joints
- improves mental health
- helps control weight
- boosts energy levels
- produces no greenhouse gas emissions
- enhances concentration
- gets you in touch with nature and your neighborhood
So, what are you waiting for? Put your best foot forward. Find a walk.
Start a walk. Just walk! Together we will take our first steps toward
a healthier community.