You purchase health insurance yourself
If you currently purchase a private health insurance policy on your own you may:
- Purchase a plan through Covered California health care exchange.
- Purchase a plan directly through a health insurance website or agent outside
of the exchange.
Covered California is the California State Health Marketplace also referred to as the "Exchange,"
which enables you to enroll in Individual and Family Plans (IFP). Certain
income eligible participants may qualify for premium assistance and subsidies
through the federal government, if the coverage is purchased on the Exchange.
There is a separate Exchange for small businesses, called the Small Business
Health Options Program (SHOP).
To learn more, go to
www.coveredca.com or call 866-252-9976.
Covered California Plans for St. Joseph Health hospitals and physicians
in the following medical groups:
- Annadel Medical Group (Sonoma County)
- Queen of the Valley Medical Associates (Napa County)
- Humboldt Medical Specialists (Humboldt County)
To ensure you are able to access our medical groups and hospitals, please
sign up for Covered California through the following plans :
- Anthem Blue Cross Pathway PPO
- Anthem Blue Cross Pathway X PPO
- Blue Shield of California EPO
- Western Health Advantage HMO (Sonoma and Napa counties only)
INSURANCE PLAN CONTACT INFORMATION
Below is the contact information for the following plans:
Choose your plan carefully! Not only do you want to ensure the hospital of your choice is "In-Network"
you'll want to confirm with the health plan you choose that your physicians
are "In-Network" as well.
< Back to insurance types